Saturday, September 20, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

So, the flights this time around were more reasonable. First, United Airlines is much much better than Delta Airlines. British Midland not so much, but at least that was the shorter flight. So we left Richmond on Wednesday at 1 pm and drove to mommy's & daddy's friends in Northern VA. We spent a few hours there with their dog and daughters and then headed out to the airport at 6 pm. Because my mommy and daddy have premier status with Untied, we got to go through the premier security lane which had no line at all. Good start! We were hanging out at the airport, way past my usual bedtime when I decided it was time for a massive potty! My parents really apprecaited my doing it at the airport and not on the plane. Score one for me! So I got changed and we kept waiting and hanging out. I ran around a lot and had some fun and then we boarded the airplane. We got seats in Economy Plus which was nice, especially for my preggy mommy and they even had a more spacious handicap lavatory which my mommy really appreciated as well with her big bump! I got to sit next to my daddy and mommy was across the isle. I couldn't sit with her because he had to go to the bathroom all the time. I watched a DVD and then actually fell asleep a couple of hours before the end of the flight. I didn't even wake up when we landed - daddy had to wake me up! I behaved a lot better on this flight and only got cranky a few times as opposed to the entire flight like last time. The flight attendants were really nice to all of us.



Then we had a couple of hours to kill at Heathrow airport in London. I actually fell asleep in my stroller for about 20 minutes while mommy and daddy were getting a bite to eat because they don't find airline food all that acceptable. Then we went through security again which wasn't too bad and situated ourselves by the big windows by our departure gate where I watched the airplanes take off and constantly repeated the following two phrases: 'bye bye airplane' and 'bye bye goes' to everyone's delight (or NOT!)



We left a bit later than expected and the plane was sub-par. It should have been taken out of use about 10 years ago. It was hot the entire hour it took for everyone to board and only got the AC working after take off. Let's just say, no AC and a preggy mommy is not a good combination for everyone around! At least the staff was trying to be nice and helpful but just coudn't offer any real solutions. Finally we took off and I wasn't as cooperative as on the first leg, but wasn't as cranky as during our flight in April. They didn't have economy plus on this flight so we felt a bit like sardines, but at least it was a shorter flight. I fell asleep again a couple of hours before the end. The flight attendants insisted I be strapped in for landing and I didn't like it one bit so I threw a major tantrum that made everyone on the plane cringe! We finally landed and they unstrapped me and I was happier. The thing was that I was just so tired and cranky by that point because I hadn't gotten any real sleep in what seemed like forever!



Of course we were the last to get our luggage but at least we got all of it! And then grandpa Gabi and my aunt Osnat met us at the arrival lounge. We went to my grandma Ruti's place where I was given a nice meal, a thourough bath (at the request of my mommy) and went to bed with daddy. I slept from 11 pm till 6:30 am.



The next day (Friday) I had a really long nap - 3.5 hours. At around 6 pm my uncle Moshe and my 3 cousins came over to see me and I had a blast! I went to bed at 9 and slept for 12.5 hours which was the longest I had ever gone.



And today, my grandma and daddy took me to the park so that mommy could get some rest because she hadn't been sleeping as well as me and my daddy and here are 3 videos from the park...

me and grandma Ruti (video), riding (video), and on the swing (video)




Oh, and I guess the best news of the day is that I went pee-pee on the potty for the first time! Go me!!!

1 comment:

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

We are glad to hear you got to Israel safely and with less difficulty than last time!
Enjoy your stay!!!