Friday, July 20, 2007
Life's Little Disappointments
Today Liam learned that not everything in life can be fun and games, even when something is supposed to be. Inspired by Nirit & her little girl Lia's fun times at the Gymboree (see link on the right) I decided to brave the outside world and take Liam to "The Play-Room". Liam was very disappointed to find that "The Play-Room" didn't have anything appropriate and fun for his age. They had lots of stuff for younger babies, and lots of stuff for older babies, but nothing for him. There were no fun tunnels to crawl through like at Lia's Gymboree and no other babies to play with. In addition, the place wasn't really what I would consider clean. For the first 20 minutes or so Liam just sat there in a state of shock. He has never seen so many kids running around and so many colors. So I just let him get used to his surroundings. After 20 minutes or so, he crawled towards a red ball. Next thing you know, he picks it up and puts it in his mouth. I cannot describe the horror I felt at that moment. Well, anyone who knows me can just imagine. So there I am, trying not to freak out and not to think of how many babies have put that ball in their mouths. Somehow I managed to keep my hysteria to myself so as to not freak Liam out (I'm still feeling a bit traumatized by it all). And after about 45 minutes I made an executive decision to take my boy and go home. There were no real toys for him there and he has such wonderful toys at home. And let's face it, 45 minutes for me in a not so clean place, well, that's not my idea of fun. As soon as we got home I had to resist the strong urge to take him straight to the tub. The only reason I didn't was that I hate giving him a bath all by myself because I find it very difficult. So Liam and I just played until daddy got home and came to our rescue. All in all I'm glad we went because now we know never to go there again. Next week, we will brave the outside world again and try a different place, and hopefully we will have nice experiences to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey, little Liam,
if only you were living closer, we could crawl through a tunnel together and share some toys. Today I found a shoe, it tasted very good, and you would have liked it too, but somehow my Mom snatched it away from me. Mmhh...
Love, Lia
Post a Comment