Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today was Memorial Day. We are here, able to have lots of fun thanks to many brave men and women out there who work really hard to keep us safe and free and leave their families behind to do so.

So we decided that the best way to appreciate such an important day is to spend it doing nice things and being with friends (unfortunately we can't be with family) and realize how lucky we are that we can.

We started the day by going to the pond to feed the duckies, geese and the lonesome blue crane. As usual, it took forever for us to get out of the house so here I am waiting for my mommy to finish feeding the baby so that we could leave already


Here are the duckies



We gave them lots of bread and when we ran out of bread I considered for a moment giving them some of my whole grain, no artificial colors Gold Fish...


But I decided to wait on that decision. We instead went for a walk around the pond. Baby Aiden had his first time in his stroller not in his car seat...



We had to finish our walk pretty quickly because baby Aiden got fussy and that's when I decided that I wanted to keep my Gold Fish all to myself so I voted again sharing with the duckies


We went home, had lunch, took a nap...

Then we went to the Haneys for a Memorial Day cookout. We had lots of fun. They have a new puppy which I sort of liked. We played in the water which I really liked! Mommy forgot the camera of course. I got my nice clothes really dirty... and then I had a tantrum when we got home. I am still not asleep even though it's almost 9 pm. My daddy has been in the room with me for over an hour now and I am still not asleep! Mommy is going crazy!

No comments: