Friday, October 12, 2007

Liam the Carnivore

Click to see picture
Click to see picture

Liam sure is our son; he likes beef. If he didn't we would have to wonder if he really was ours. But not to worry, he is a true carnivore. So far he has had Chicken & Turkey purees but now we know he is ours for sure. Yesterday I made some of my usual very spicy meatloaf. I didn't plan of giving Liam any so I made it as usual. And earlier this evening Scott was feeding Liam and I was sitting down to eat my meatloaf & mashed potatoes (yes, I am one of the last few people on this planet who still eat carbs; I am a nursing mother!!!) and Liam looked at me with a begging look in his eyes. So we put a little bit of meatloaf and mashed potatoes on his tray and he gobbled it up. Well, the meatloaf at least; he didn't care much for the mashed potatoes (he doesn't know any better yet!). He couldn't get enough of it. There was no need to put it in his mouth; his little fingers kept grabbing more and more and shoving more and more into his little mouth. Honestly, we were surprised he liked it so much. Everyone keeps telling us that babies don't react well to spicy foods. Well, I guess all that spicy food I ate while pregnant and that I've kept eating while nursing got him used to all of those spices. Anyways, you can't see much in the pictures, but here they are anyways. We are very pleased that he likes beef because that means that soon I'll be able to stop making and buying purees and he'll be able to just eat whatever we're eating, just in tiny little pieces.

On a different note, tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 31. A little depressing but I have accomplished at least great thing: I brought Liam into this world and have managed to raise a healthy and happy baby.

1 comment:

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Masal Tov, Yael!!!
To life, love, and beefy little babies!! You've done a great job (tfutfutfu).

Have a happy birthday.