Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New and Exciting Foods








Today was some day!!! Mommy spent the whole day cooking while our new sitter played with Liam. I made meatballs in tomato sauce, some couscous, some schnitzel, some spaghetti, and some sauteed green beans. Most of everything I ever make tends to be on the spicy side as Scott really likes spicy foods. So I decided to let Liam have some adult food with his usual baby food dinner. He already eats steamed veggies and meatloaf. So today was meatballs & spaghetti in tomato sauce and sauteed (not steamed) green beans, yes, Scott's offspring was enjoying green beans. Well, the little man loved it so much that we're thinking it might be time to scrap the baby foods all together. But, for the sake of our son getting to that "triple the birth weight by 1 year thing" (he is 7 ounces away from that by the way) we might just do a combination of both baby and adult foods until we see his doctor again for his one year appointment. We're thinking life will be much easier when he can eat whatever we're eating; we're hoping we're right. One caveat however, adult foods & baby means a whole lot more mess. It means a lot of mess for the floor, for the hair, the face, the high chair and just about everywhere else. But it's nothing mommy & daddy can't handle; we're ready to take on the Liam mess. We took some video of the whole thing, but still haven't figured out how to upload it to here, so you'll have to settle for some pictures instead.

1 comment:

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Every time I look at these pictures, I get really hungy!! I understand that all you want to do is gobble these meatballs up, little Liam! And I believe that Lia starts to understand too. She just loooooves beef.