Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our First Imma (mommy) & Me Class

So today was our first Imma (mommy) & Me Class at the synagogue. That meant skipping Liam's morning nap. I thought it would be fine and it was, until he had a meltdown this afternoon. The class was great. The other women were nice and supportive and non-judgmental. And the kids were cute as well. Liam was the youngest, but you wouldn't know it by the way he was grabbing toys from all the bigger kids. We sat in a circle and sang songs, and we did a little bit of group prayer through singing. And then we had a snack. Liam actually ate little pieces of banana. Until this day he has refused banana puree and pieces of banana but he must have been really hungry. We did leave earlier as they were about to start an art project that I thought Liam was too young for, and he also started getting a little fussy. And on the way home we went to visit daddy at his office. We got home and Liam had his lunch and then we started his afternoon nap a little earlier. I assumed (WRONG!!!) that he would nap for longer because he missed the morning nap. But I was DENIED!!! He napped for a shorter time than usual and had a meltdown and cried and cried and cried. And wouldn't go back to sleep. So we'll try for an earlier bed time tonight. So going to the class was good but if he has a meltdown like this every Tuesday, we might not keep going. What I am hoping for is that with every time it will get a little bit easier...

Oh, I meant to take pictures while at the class, but I was so frazzled that I forgot so I will try to remember for next time.

On another front, Liam is now a WALKER!!! He no longer just takes a few steps at a time and falls down. He now walks at will, stops at will, even makes turns sometimes on his own. So our lives will never ever be the same again...

That's it for now...

No comments: