Today is my birthday. My 1st birthday. I am such a big kid. I was so excited last night that I couldn't sleep much so I kept my sick mommy and daddy up. But that's ok. They love me so much that they really don't mind not getting any sleep. And this morning they wished me a happy first birthday and gave me lots of kisses and hugs. My daddy stayed to work from home today because he is not feeling well, and of course, he couldn't stand to be away from me on my first birthday. And mommy went to the grocery store and then she did a lot of cooking so that we all have yummy food to eat. My babysitter was here today too so that she could help my mommy a bit. She took me outside to run around. It is a really warm day today so it was lots of fun to be outside. And then my neighbors AnnMarie and her daughter Niki came over to wish me a happy birthday and they even brought me a birthday gift. But mommy said that I don't get to open it until my party which will be on Saturday. You see, my grandma Phyllis and grandpa Phil & grandma Sandy will be here to celebrate my birthday with me. I'm still not sure what the plan is for the rest of the day. Right now I'm actually going to take my afternoon nap. My mommy and daddy are so proud of me and still can't believe they are parents, let alone parents of a 1 year old boy. And I am pretty proud of myself. Just a few days ago I learned how to walk up the steps. For a while now I've been crawling/climbing up the steps. But now, when an adult holds my hands, I can actually walk up the steps, foot after foot. So of course I no longer want to crawl/climb up the steps. I mean, I'm a big boy now.
Oh, and I guess I would also like to share some pictures from this wonderful day... and don't forget to check out the rest of the pictures (click on the Our Photos link to the right and go to album 13)



No comments:
Post a Comment